From athletes to actors, from politicians to princes, Prime 112 is one of the most sought after restaurants on Miami Beach, but it’s only these A-listers who know about the popular eatery’s secret, private upstairs dining room…. until now. This cool – and concealed – dining spot is just one of many low-key places, clubs, meals and more that have been the exclusive knowledge of insiders or locals. Many travelers think they know everything about Miami Beach, but the island-city is still a paradise with unknown and hidden gems everywhere.
“It’s a new year and travelers will be looking to expand their experiential menu in every way,” says Steve Adkins, Chair, the Miami Beach Visitor and Convention Authority (MBVCA). “In Miami Beach, we want visitors to know there is still so much untapped and undiscovered pleasures in paradise, unexpected delights around every corner. There’s a reason Miami Beach is like no other place in the world…. it’s still a city full of surprises and wonder everywhere.”
Traveling to Miami Beach for a holiday or special occasion? This curated list of sample experiences gives travelers a taste of the secret life of Miami Beach. Real time recommendations and a local’s look at Miami Beach is also available through Instagram, Facebook and Twitter @experiencemiamibeach
- At the Faena Hotel, Faena Rose is a private arts and culture members-only club where adherents can have up-close and personal readings from award-winning novelists, all-access to the luxurious Tierra Santa Healing House, and specialized beach excursions.
- Dine privately at critically acclaimed restaurant, Byblos and they’ll transform your dining room into a boutique nightlife experience after a delightful Mediterranean dinner.
Hidden Gems for the Adventurous Foodie
- It’s off-menu and delicious! At the Mondrian South Beach, the Pineapple Poke Bowls are not on the menu and not for everyone. If you know to specifically ask for this dish, you’ll enjoy fresh salmon and avocado served in a decadent hollowed pineapple.
- Locals know that inside the hip hostel, Generator, Jim and Neesie’s is an intimate bar where where they’ll prepare your libations tableside or serve cocktails in unique decanters. Yummy cocktails and a feel-right-at-home ambiance make this one of the coolest insider spots on the beach.
- Blink and you might miss Via Emilia, a quaint Italian restaurant and market with handmade pasta and made to order personalized stuffed ravioli.
For Music Mavens and Nightlife Lovers
- Pssst…. Rouge, the French Moroccan restaurant, also doubles as a musician’s playground with a slate of artists showcasing their talents. Call for the schedule of performances.
- Thrill seekers can venture to the Edition’s Basement or Do Not Sit On The Furniture for a taste of local nightlife.
For more information on the best ways to experience Miami Beach in 2019, download the Miami Beach app at http://www.miamibeachapi.com/.
ABOUT MIAMI BEACH
Awarded first place in the 2018, 2017 and 2016 edition of the Travvy Awards, presented by travAlliancemedia in the categories of “Best LGBTQ Destination” and “Best Wedding Destination, U.S. & Canada,” recently named 2017 and 2016 World’s Leading City Tourist Board in and North America’s Leading Tourist Board by the World Travel Awards, and a winner in the 2014, 2015 and 2016 Magellan Awards by Travel Weekly in the categories of “Destinations | Mobile App”, “Overall Spa Destinations| U.S and Canada” and “Overall Beaches Destinations| U.S and Canada” respectively, Miami Beach is a favorite destination among travelers worldwide. Renowned for its unparalleled culinary offerings, extravagant nightlife, rich culture, luxe shopping and plush hotels, Miami Beach is home to unique museums, the New World Symphony, Miami City Ballet, Miami Beach Convention Center, international festivals and art exhibitions, boat and auto shows, over 187 boutique and resort hotels and 12 public parks; it is no wonder the beautifully diverse city is one of the world’s most popular vacation destinations. Boasting seven miles of breathtaking beaches, Miami Beach is easily accessible from the Port of Miami and Miami International Airport. The City of Miami Beach has been named one of the top cities worldwide for ‘walkability’ and is equally easy to navigate by bike or boat. Known for its year-round sunny skies, the vibrant destination has been ranked by TripAdvisor as a Top Winter Sun Vacation Rental Getaway Destinations, Top Romantic Destinations, Top 25 Beaches in the World and Top 25 Destinations in the U.S. Miami Beach is like no other place in the world! Experience Miami Beach on Twitter @experiencemiamibeach and Instagram @experiencemiamibeach.